Student government and participation

Give your opinion

There are several ways in which you can voice your opinion and contribute ideas about your studies and UU:

  • Addressing a teacher about things that could possibly be done differently or better.
  • Through course evaluations.
  • In the National Student Survey (NSE), you can give your opinion on all aspects of education and facilities at Utrecht University.
  • Through the various participation bodies at your own study programme, faculty or university.
  • Do you have a personal complaint or objection? Then look under Complaints, objections and appeals.


Would you like to contribute to and have a say in matters concerning education? Then join one of our participation bodies:

  • University Council
  • Faculty Council
  • Degree programme advisory committee

You will gain a lot of experience and learn to think and decide constructively on changes and improvements in a large organisation. Are you interested? Then contact Anne-Marie Partridge, secretary of the University council or the contact person of your faculty.

Consultative bodies

More information on representation at Utrecht University.

Student organisations

  • Vidius – represents the interests of all students in Utrecht
  • LSVB – national union of students – federation of 23 student unions
  • ISO – inter-city students’ union – largest national students’ union in the Netherlands


If you want to get involved in a governing or representative body at Utrecht University, you may qualify for financial support from the University in the form of a compensation for board activities.