Many security measures have already been taken on a UU-PC. You have that responsibility on your own PC. This is very important if you are working with UU-data. If you have a virus on your private PC, it is possible that all your own and all your UU data is encrypted.
This way you minimize the risks
- All measures as for a UU managed workplace
- Install a virus scanner like McAfee or Kaspersky. They also provide protection for browsing the Internet and your email. SURFspot (log in with your Solis-id) gives you a discount as an student.
- Update your operating system (enable automatic updates)
- Put a password on your own PC and/or laptop
- Use a VPN to encrypt your data traffic when connecting to public Wi-Fi