Digital student card FAQS

If your question is not listed please contact Student Services.

You can download the Proof of Enrolment from Osiris and print it. 

Your student card is now always available via the MyUU app. You will need to download the app. It is available for both IOS and Android. Always make sure you have the latest version of the app. If you do not have the right kind of smartphone or would prefer to have something on paper, you can print out the Proof of Enrolment via Osiris. If you do this, remember to take it with you every time, together with official proof of identity, such as a passport, driving licence or ID card.

After you have enrolled at Utrecht University, the Central Student Administration will send you an email within one week. The university will send this email to the email address you indicated in Studielink. It will include official confirmation that you have been enrolled and notification that your student card is visible in the MyUU app. Log in using your Solis-id. 

You always need to have valid proof of identity with you in order to prove who you are. A student card will not be necessary anymore for examinations.

There is no difference. The student card states the academic year for which you are enrolled. As such, your student card is automatically also proof of enrolment. 

Yes, the university is doing all it can to notify all food & beverage outlets, retailers and other parties that offer a student discount in Utrecht. 

The best thing to do is to show them the official statement from Utrecht University.

You can also always print a proof of enrolment from Osiris or opt for the ISIC card.

Utrecht University has entered into a temporary collaboration with ISIC for the 2019-2020 academic year. You can apply for an ISIC (International Student Identity) card at a greatly reduced rate of € 5.-.  You can apply for your card here.

You use your student card at the university or at other bodies (e.g. at DUO) in order to prove that you are enrolled at Utrecht University. When you make use of university facilities (e.g. attend lectures), you may be asked to show your student card/proof of enrolment. Please note that you will also always be asked to identify yourself by means of valid proof of identity.

No, you do not need it. For this, you use a library card.

Simply contact Student Services.

Starting from 1 June 2017, the Central Student Administration will only issue digital student cards via the MyUU app and will no longer provide a paper student card/proof of enrolment.

Student Card

No, it is not compulsory.

The photograph you uploaded may be too big. Go to Osiris and upload a new photograph there. Please note: the size has to be 100 KB or less.




Check whether your enrolment is complete in Osiris. If it is, and you still cannot open the app, contact the IT Service Desk.

The student card stating the year of enrolment only proves that you are enrolled at Utrecht University. You still always need to be able to prove who you are by means of valid proof of identity (such as a passport or ID card). 

The campus card is for Utrecht University employees. The digital student card is for students only. 

After log in, and when enrolled correctly, you can always use the MyUU-app offline. Make sure you have the latest version of the app, as some features may not work properly in older versions. Do you really want to be sure? Take a print-out of your Proof of Enrolment from Osiris if you expect to have no internet connection on a regular basis, for example abroad. 

Download the app from the Apple App Store or the Android Google Play Store. Log in using your Solis-id. You will find the student card in the drop-down menu. Forgotten your password? You can create a new one at Your Solis-id is the same as your student number. If you are a new student, you can log in with your Solis-id from July onwards. Your Solis-id will not be active until July. 

Contact Student Services. Include your student number.

You can find an official statement that Utrecht University has introduced the digital student card in academic year 2017-2018. You can also apply for an ISIC card, a recognised card for international students, which also has a digital option. For this reason, larger universities and musea might already be used to it.

If you are concerned about obtaining student discounts abroad, or would like to receive a hardcopy student card, you can apply for an ISIC (International Student Identity Card) at a greatly reduced rate of € 5.-. Utrecht University has entered into a temporary collaboration with ISIC for the 2019-2020 academic year. You can apply for your card here.

A digital student card is in line with Utrecht University's strategic objectives. It is innovative, sustainable and saves money. A digital student card has various advantages:

  • Innovative: Utrecht University is the first to introduce it
  • Sustainable: it uses much less paper
  • You always have your student card at hand
  • Student card and proof of enrolment in one
  • You cannot lose your student card and it can no longer be stolen
  • You receive the card more quickly: your student card becomes visible in the MyUU app as soon as you have been enrolled (this is instead of having to wait at least two to four weeks)

Please contact the Student Services Desk. Visit the Student Services Desk at Heidelberglaan 6 between 10 am and 4 pm on working days. You can obtain a paper Proof of Enrolment there. 

When your enrolment is complete, you can also see the student card via the MyUU app. Download the app from the Apple App Store (IOS) or the Google Play Store (Android).