Do you know what to do in case of an emergency? For example: a fellow student who faints, theft, an accident with dangerous fluids or a fire? Call the emergency number (030) 253 44 44.
What is an accident or near-accident?
- A near-accident is an unwanted, unforeseen event that could have resulted in personal injury and/or damage to the surroundings or economic damage.
- An accident is an unwanted, unforeseen event that has resulted in personal injury and/or damage to the surroundings or economic damage.
What is a hazardous situation?
This is a situation in which there is a risk of injury or damage, which may be identified during an inspection.
Need emergency assistance? Call 4444
If you require emergency assistance from the emergency services or the UU emergency response officers or first-aiders, this is what you should do:
- Call the emergency line (030-253) 4444. You will be connected to the FSC Security control room 24/7.
- State where you are, what is happening and what type of assistance is required.
- FSC Security will send the necessary help.
- You should then report the safety incident in TOPdesk.
How to report an accident, near-accident or hazardous situation
An accident, near-accident or hazardous situation can be reported via TOPdesk quickly and easily in under a minute. So do you feel unsafe somewhere or have you witnessed a safety incident take place? Let us know. That way, we can take action immediately.
What happens to your incident report
Your incident report is referred to your Occupational Health and Safety & Environment (OHSE) Coordinator, who will assess how best to respond. If necessary, the OHSE Coordinator will get in touch with you during the process.