You can submit a complaint, an objection or an appeal using a digital form. Before doing so, you should read carefully the instructions given below on how to fill in the form:

  1. Go to the digital form (see bottom of this page). The language of the form is determined by your browser settings. If your browser is set to English, the form will be displayed in English. Please only fill in the form in English if you do not have a good command of Dutch.
  2. Select the form you want to fill in: a complaints form or an objection/appeal form.
  3. N.B.: You must complete the form in one go. It is not possible to save changes before you have completed the form. Study the questions beforehand, collect – if necessary – all the details needed and then fill in the digital form. Use your your UU-emailadres (unless you don’t have one)). It is a good idea to write/type the information in a separate document first of all.
  4. If you are submitting a complaint, indicate on the form to whom you are submitting the complaint: the complaints coordinator for your study programme or faculty, the University College or the university complaints coordinator. If you do not know who the complaint has to be submitted to, the university complaints coordinator will make sure that the complaint is forwarded to the right person. Do you want to add some relevant documents? You can add these as an attachement in the form.

    N.B. : Be aware of that the complaint will be shared with the person or service to which the complaint relates to.
    At the bottom of the decision you may find whether to lodge an appeal or an objection.
    In general, objections are applicable to a decision taken by the Central Student Administration, the Director of Academic Affairs or a bachelor’s Selection Committee.
    Choose appeal if you disagree with a decision of a Board of Examiners, examiner (grade), concerning admission to a Master's programme or the binding study advice.
  5. As soon as you have submitted the form, you will be sent an e-mail confirmation containing information for your personal portal after 15 minutes. Keep this information safe. You can use tour portal to monitor the status of your complaint, objection or appeal.
    You also can find here more information about the follow-up procedure.
    Every time something worth knowing changes or you have to do something (e.g. provide extra information) you receive an email and have to log in on your personal portal.
  6. Privacy: Privacy statement
    N.B.: Be sure to read this.

N.B.: If you have not received a confirmation of receipt in your e-mail or if you are experiencing other ICT-related problems, please contact the ICT Service Desk at If you have not received an email confirmation of receipt or if you have questions about the procedure, you should in case of a complaint contact the Student Services. In case of an objection or appeal please contact Legal Affairs: +31 30 253 3075, or send your objection to or your appeal to You must submit your objection or appeal within six weeks of the day on which the decision was announced. You can submit a provisional objection or appeal and request postponement to state the grounds for your appeal.