Circumstances beyond your control
Applications for study delay in 2021-2022
Were you delayed in your studies in 2021-2022 due to circumstances beyond your control? You can submit an application for graduation support via OSIRIS Cases from mid-September 2022 onwards. Keep an eye on the final application deadline of 31 January 2023.
In certain cases, Utrecht University can provide compensation to (international) students who have fallen behind schedule in their studies, due to circumstances beyond their control.
We refer to this compensation as graduation support.
If you are a Dutch student, please find the information on graduation support (Afstudeersteun) on www.uu.nl/studenten/afstudeersteun, as different rules and regulations apply.
What are circumstances beyond your control?
- Illness (e.g. Pfeiffer, burnout, bone fracture)
- Exceptional family circumstances (for example the death or illness of a parent)
- Pregnancy and child-birth (note: no compensation is possible for the period after the birth)
- Disability or chronic illness (for example dyslexia, ADHD/ADD, ASD, diabetes, Crohn’s disease).
- Insufficient feasibility of the programme. Note: the Minister does not regard study delay as a result of the COVID-19 measures as an Insufficient feasibility of the programme.
- Hardship clause / Other (e.g. your student room has been destroyed by fire). Note: the Minister does not regard study delay as a result of the COVID-19 measures as ground for applying the hardship clause.
You can submit an application between mid-September 2022 and 31 January 2023.