Your faculty’s Board of Examiners determines when you graduate and what your final examination date (the date on your diploma) will be. You will have graduated when you meet all examination requirements. The Board of Examiners will inform you by email as soon as you meet (nearly) all examination requirements. So keep a close eye on your UU email account!
Please note: Graduating does not always mean your enrolment will end automatically. If you wish to terminate your enrolment before the end of the academic year, you have to do so yourself.
What to consider when you are (soon to be) graduating
When you are about to graduate, there are a few things you have to keep in mind:
- Graduation during academic year
- Graduating in the summer
- Termination of enrolment and tuition fees refund
- The validity of your residence permit
- Stopping student grant and travel card DUO
- Notify the municipality when you move
If you are moving (back home) after graduation, please make sure to notify the municipality and inform them of your new address. You can find the required form online at: www.utrecht.nl/emigreren.
If you don’t currently live in Utrecht, please contact your own municipality (e.g. Zeist) for information on how to notify them that you’re leaving the Netherlands or moving to another municipality.
Do you wish to postpone your automatic graduation? Read more on the page Graduating during the academic year.
Read more information about:
- Do you want to keep in touch with other alumni of Utrecht University? The Young Alumni Network (JAN) is designed especially for you!
- Perhaps you are in search of a mentor to guide you in your first steps on the job market? Or maybe you would like to become a mentor yourself? Then sign up to the Alumni Mentor Network.
- You can support the Utrecht University Foundation (Ufonds) by becoming a friend or by donating.