Students are subject to a number of rights, duties, guidelines and regulations.
The Code of Conduct provides the framework for behaviour and reflection for employees and students of Utrecht University.
Utrecht University’s Code of Conduct on the Language of Instruction indicates which factors are important in determining the language of instruction, and what parameters are in place to regulate that decision.
Education and examination regulations
The Education and examination regulations describe the rules and regulations that all UU programmes have to adhere to. Every programme also has its own Education and Examination Regulations, in which the specific rules and regulations of that programme are described. You can find more information on the pages of your study programme.
- Regulations for Enrolment and Tuition fees 2023-2024 (pdf) and Regulations for Enrolment and Tuition fees 2024-2025 (pdf)
- Financial support scheme in cases of circumstances beyond one’s control
- Regulations on financial support for internationalisation (including scholarships)
- Management Scholarships Scheme for student members of university management bodies
- Management Scholarship Scheme for student managers in student organisations of Utrecht Hogeschool and Utrecht University
- Grant scheme of HU University of Applied Sciences and Utrecht University
- Financial support for students completing extended Utrecht University Master’s programmes (Dutch)
- Financial support for students completing degree programmes without renewed accreditation
- Users’ Regulations for IT resources and facilities
- Code of Conduct for preventing and combating violations of interpersonal integrity (inappropriate behaviour)
- Procedural Policy for Notifications and Complaints Regarding Violations of Interpersonal Integrity (Inappropriate Behaviour).
- Code of conduct
- Administrative and Management Regulations
- Regulations for the University Council
- Compensation for Elite Sport students who have fallen behind schedule in their studies
- Financial support scheme for international students affected by circumstances beyond one’s control
- Utrecht University Language Policy
- Code of conduct for Scrupulous Academic Practice and Integrity
- Guideline on extra student contributions in addition to tuition fees
Fraud and plagiarism
Further elaboration on what may be considered fraud or plagiarism.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (pdf) for non-EU students with a residence permit for study purposes.