formerly known as Holland Scholarship
The NL Scholarship is especially for students of Utrecht University who are going to study or conduct research at one of the following strategic partners of Utrecht University:
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- University of Sydney
- University of Toronto
The scholarship consists of a one-time amount of € 2,500 and is a contribution for your study costs.
- You are enrolled as a full-time student at Utrecht University;
- Your study or research abroad will take place in the academic year 2024-2025, has a minimum duration of three months and will earn you a minimum of 15 ECTS;
- Your study or research will not take place in your home country;
- You have (almost) no study delay and the courses you will take will count for your bachelor or master programme.
How to Apply
Students who have been selected for these destinations will be informed via e-mail between March and May 2024 with instructions on when and how to apply in Osiris. Students that are going abroad on an internship will also be included if they have an approved stay abroad registered in Osiris before then. The deadline for applying for the NL Scholarship will be made known at that time.
What is the NL Scholarship?
The NL Scholarship is a scholarship provided by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as Dutch colleges and universities. The scholarship is intended for students who want to study or do research outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA consists of the EU, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway.
The NL Scholarship is made available by:
This procedure is subject to the Executive Board appeals procedure.