As a student, you can apply for financial support from Utrecht University or other official bodies. There are various possibilities and arrangements.
- If you are a full-time student and your studies have been delayed as a result of circumstances beyond your control (circumstances such as pregnancy and childbirth or gender transition also fall into this category), you may be able to receive financial compensation from Utrecht University. More information on Cirumstances beyond your control.
- Utrecht University values sporting talent. Talented athletes can therefore apply for specially tailored facilities, like study support and financial assistance. More information on Elite Sports Students.
- Utrecht University can offer students a financial compensation when they join aboard or a committee of a student organisation, or university administrative or advisory body. More information on www.bestuurlijkactiefutrecht.nl and Compensation for board activities.
- In some cases, you can make use of funds or private funds. This may apply to students with financial problems who experience a prolonged delay in their studies as a result. Another example are students who face additional expenses as a result of a disability or chronic illness or refugee students who cannot fully fund their studies. For further information, contact a Student Counsellor, via Student Services.
- Do you want to go abroad for further your studies or do research? Every year, hundreds of students go to universities abroad aided by grants. More information on Study abroad.