Application and selection
The application deadline for the Da Vinci Project is 23.59, June 1, 2022.Application form Da Vinci Project
Before you complete the online application, there are some documents you need to prepare:
1. Video pitch in English
Make an eye-catching video pitch (exactly 3 minutes) in which you:
- Motivate why you want to become part of this project and work with colleagues to make a real prototype; and
- Come up with a possible solution that can help achieve (one of) the Sustainable Development Goals as formulated by the United Nations.
Name your pitch: Surname-First Name-DaVinci-Pitch, example: Johnson-Maria- DaVinci-Pitch. Upload your video in Google Drive or Dropbox. In the application form you will be asked to share the link to your video pitch.
2. CV in English (max 2 A4)
Include a short description of your academic performance so far, extra-curricular activities and other valuable skills or life experiences. Please also indicate how proficient you are in English.
3. Study progress report
Your study progress report lists all of your results. You can download your report in Osiris on the tab Progress.
4. Combine documents into 1 PDF
Make 1 PDF of your CV and Study progress report and the and name the PDF: Surname-First Name-DaVinci-CV, example: Johnson-Maria- DaVinci-CV.
Once the deadline has passed, the admission committee will review your application. Students with the most captivating video pitches will be invited for a group interview. There you pitch your idea for a sustainable challenge and discuss it with other students.
Selection interviews will be held afterwards.
Shortly after the interview you will be informed of our decision.
Available places: 35
- You are in your second or third year of your Bachelor’s degree;
- You want to look across disciplinary boundaries;
- You are a creative thinker;
- You want to make a true connection to yourself and the group;
- You are a good communicator;
- You have respect for each scientific discipline and believe that every academic background is necessary to find the missing piece of a puzzle;
- You are able to take responsibility and ownership;
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude;
- You are resilient and not afraid to fail.
Due to the corona virus, changes to the selection procedure and the programme can be made, depending on the circumstances. Up to date information is published on the website.