Application and selection
Applications for the Da Vinci Project 2023-24 are now closed. Registration for the 2024-25 academic year will open during the second semester, so be sure to check this page again later in the year.
Before you complete the online application, there are some documents you need to prepare:
1. Video pitch in English
Make an video pitch (max. 3 minutes) in which you:
- Motivate why you want to become part of this project and work with colleagues to make a real prototype; and
- Come up with a possible solution that can help achieve (one of) the Sustainable Development Goals as formulated by the United Nations.
Name your pitch: Surname-First Name-DaVinci-Pitch, example: Johnson-Maria- DaVinci-Pitch. Upload your video in Google Drive or Dropbox. In the application form you will be asked to share the link to your video pitch.
2. CV in English (max 2 A4)
Include a short description of your academic performance so far, extra-curricular activities and other valuable skills or life experiences. Please also indicate how proficient you are in English.
3. Study progress report
Your study progress report lists all of your results. You can download your report in Osiris on the tab Progress.
We strive to make our programmes as diverse as possible with students from different educational backgrounds. We ask for your transcript of grades in order to get a good impression of your educational background/the subjects you have taken so far. In case of equal suitability of applicants, study results can weigh in our decision.
4. Combine documents into 1 PDF
Make 1 PDF of your CV and Study progress report and the and name the PDF: Surname-First Name-DaVinci-CV, example: Johnson-Maria- DaVinci-CV.
Once the registration deadline has passed, all applicants are invited to the intake session on 5 June 2023 (12:30-15:00).
During the intake session you will receive a short Design Thinking Workshop and we will have an interview in which you can pitch your idea for a sustainable challenge and your motivation for the program.
Shortly after the intake you will be informed of our decision.
Available places: 35.
- You are a pre-Master's student or in your second or third year of your Bachelor’s degree;
- You want to look across disciplinary boundaries;
- You are a creative thinker;
- You want to make a true connection to yourself and the group;
- You are a good communicator;
- You have respect for each scientific discipline and believe that every academic background is necessary to find the missing piece of a puzzle;
- You are able to take responsibility and ownership;
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude;
- You are resilient and not afraid to fail.