Gifted Student Group
Life as a gifted student can bring extra challenges. To support gifted students, UU has initiated a student support group in which participating students can share and exchange both joyful and challenging experiences.
The purpose of the group meetings is to share information and perspectives on a peer-to-peer basis that can help gifted students gain insight into their own situation, and enable them to experience a more effective and pleasant time studying at UU.
These meetings are intended for gifted students and will be held monthly. Although in some cases giftedness can be assessed (after seeing a specialist), this is not always possible or applicable for everyone. Therefore, this student group also welcomes students who identify themselves with the traits of being gifted.
How to join
Do you recognize yourself in this description of giftedness and are you experiencing one or more challenges as mentioned above (or others not listed)? This student group might be helpful for you.
The (English) meetings are once a month on Tuesdays from 17.00-18.00, but there is also a Team environment which you can join.
You can join this Teams group for:
- Practical information about the meetings (location, meeting times, attendance)
- Information about the content of the meetings (suggestions for themes or other contents of the meetings)
- (other) Questions about giftedness (to both fellow students and UU student support staff)
- Meeting (and chat with) other students.
Other forms of support
Want to know more?
Do you want to know more about giftedness? Please explore the following (digital) resources:
- https://riannevdven.nl/hoogbegaafd/ (Dutch only)
- https://www.ihbv.nl/ (Dutch only)
- https://www.hb-cafe.nl/ (Dutch only)
- https://www.hb-ho.nl/ (Dutch only)