A new space opened for students in September 2022: The Vagant. It is located in front of the Koningsberger building in the Utrecht Science Park. The Vagant is a space where there is room for spontaneous meetings as well as organised activities.
- The Living Room is open during the day between 08:00-17:30. It is a cosy space is where you can chill with friends, drink coffee or play a game. From 17:30-22:30, the space can be reserved for activities. There is room for up to 75 people (65 seated).
- The Hall is an activity room. Student-organised activities such as workshops, drinks, film evenings, lectures, etc. can take place there. The maximum number of visitors is 125 standing and max 50 seated.
- The outdoor area is designed to make it easy to relax there. There is a covered deck and picnic, chess and ping-pong tables around the building.
- The Vagant is run by The Vagant committee, which looks after the building, the students who come there and the activities that take place. The Vagant committee consists of:
- Chairman and officer management: Rik Kleijer
- Secretary and officer programme: Luke de Jong
- Finance officer: Luc Blankestijn
- Programme officer: Merel Spanier
- Communications officer: Yvonne de Vocht
- Three times a month, free activities are organised for all Utrecht University students. To stay informed about the activities, you can follow the Instagram or Uni-life. These activities are organised by De Vagant committee
Booking is now possible via the Self-Service Portal (Topdesk). Please read the reservation conditions and house rules carefully in advance.
The house rules and booking terms have been updated per February 2023.
Meeting places by, for and by students
We want you to feel welcome at the university. Social bonding and meeting up are important. Therefore, additional venues are opened to make this possible. Besides De Vagant, this is the Parnassos CultUUr Café.
Do you have questions or just a good idea you want to share? Contact De Vagant's student committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by NPO