The requirements for a Bachelor of Science in Science appear in section 3 of the Academic Rules and Regulations for your cohort.
Science majors must take 12 courses in the Science department to fulfill the major requirements. This includes any methodology courses coded 'UCSCI...'. Students may currently complete requirements with tracks in the following academic disciplines:
- Biology (BIO)
- Chemistry (CHE)
- Cognitive Neuroscience (COG)
- Earth & Environment (EAR)
- Mathematics (MAT)
- Medical Science (MED)
- Physics (PHY)
Students must take all methodology courses required for their courses, thesis, and major. The courses coded "UCSCI..." count towards the 12 courses (of 7,5 EC) required for the BSc degree.
- Major: 7.5 ECTS credits of science laboratory modules (3 x 2,5 EC) + 1 Mathematics course: UCACCMAT01, UCSCIMAT11 or UCSCIMAT14. UCACCMAT01 does not count towards the 12 courses for the major.
- Courses: If applicable, methods requirements are stated in individual course outlines under the heading ‘prerequisites’.
- Thesis: 7.5 ECTS credits of science laboratory courses, and a level 3 science course in the field of study. UCACCSTA21 Biostatistics is required for a thesis in BIO, COG, EAR and MED, but does not count towards the 12 courses for the major.
Lab modules on offer in the current academic year are listed with other science courses. You can find them in the Course Planner.
|Kees van Walree|
|Hugo de Boer|
Earth and Environment
|Maarten van Emst (Physiology) & Patrick Wijchers (Molecular Cell Biology)|
|Anton van de Ven (Fellow), Filipe Freire (Coordinator)|