Enhance your curriculum: study abroad for a semester. We have more than 50 partner universities worldwide.

All our partner universities are of outstanding quality and many of them have a Liberal Arts & Sciences profile. A semester abroad enriches your home degree.

There are over 100 places available at our own partner universities each semester. We encourage you to opt for these so as to guarantee a smooth approval of your course requirements. However, you are also allowed to apply for Utrecht University’s destinations. These options are available to all UU students. In that case, the exchange is arranged through the UU International Office instead of the UCU International Office.

As an exchange student, you will still be paying your tuition fee here and not at the host university, while having the same benefits. 

Interested in finding out more about the options in 2022-2023. Sign up for the info sessions here and read more on the exchange opportunities below. 

University College Utrecht partner universities
Who can apply?
How and when to apply?
After your selection
During your exchange
After your return

Study Abroad Fair

Our annual Study Abroad sessions is again in person and partly online, and is meant for first and second year students considering an exchange in the academic year 2022–2023. The kick- off wtook place on 26 October, 2021 and the given presentation can be found here

More information and contact

Most universities have websites you can visit for more information. For additional information please first check the exchange catalogue. If your question is not answered, consult the International Office at, or come by during our (online) office hours on Tuesday from 14:00 till 15:30 or on Thursday from 15:00 till 16:00 or send an email request for a Teams Meeting. 

The International Office at Student Services in the Uithof has more information about UU destinations