The Exam Board is an independent body at University College Utrecht, which consisting of lecturers and staff members. It aims to guard the examination quality and procedures.
Some of the Exam Board’s core activities include
- Making sure students meet the graduation requirements of their diploma.
- Making sure the quality of assessment in course is good and that it corresponds with what is described in the course outline and the academic rules and regulations.
- Settling cases that are brought by students concerning for example assessment in a course, grade conversions and credits for non-UCU courses.
- Settling cases brought by instructors including about academic misbehavior of a student such as plagiarism.
The Exam Board typically deals with
- Requests for course approval (off campus and exchange);
- Requests for minors;
- Requests to have approved non-UCU courses fulfill specific, requirements;
- Exemption requests (waivers);
- Requests for shortened programs;
- Complaints about grades and credits;
- Suspected cases of plagiarism;
- Special service requests.
What can you approach the Exam Board for?
The Exam Board is there for any issues regarding procedural rules at University College Utrecht, for example violations of the assessment criteria or violation of the Academic Rules and Regulations. Discuss the issue first with your tutor. She or he will then contact the Exam Board, if necessary.
Please note that the Exam Board deals only with procedural matters. For any matters concerning content of your courses, please approach your tutor or the Director of Education.
If you want to appeal Exam Board decisions, go to College van Beroep voor de Examens, the Utrecht University Board that coordinates all Utrecht University faculty Exam Boards. However, always first approach the University College Utrecht Exam Board.
To contact the exam board email: email@example.com
Model Regulations of the Board of Examiners
Find the model regulations of the Board of Examiners here.
In 2019-2020 the UCU Exam Board members are: Dr G. de Krom (chair), Drs S.E.D. Spee, Dr A.E.M. van de Ven, Dr A.A. Aronowitz and Dr T. Zakula
Board secretary: E.M.A. Goossens