The Master's programme Applied Ethics has a 60 EC course load and is offered both fulltime (1 year) and parttime (2 years). Please refer to the programme book as a supplement to the student website and as a guide during your first weeks of the academic year.
- The Course planner contains an overview of the courses in your study programme's exam requirements, including useful information about individual courses. Do not forget to choose the academic year 2019-2020!
- Below you will find a detailed description of your curriculum.
- Fulltime and parttime students join together in the courses.
- The courses are scheduled during the week, in the afternoon.
The academic year in Utrecht is divided into 4 blocks. During the first term of your programme you choose the contents of your study path, together with your Programme Coordinator or tutor. The components of the programme are:
- Core curriculum (Required, 20 EC, in the courseplanner: V)
- Electives (Constrained choice, 5 EC, in the courseplanner: VK)
You have to choose at least one of these three electives in block 2:
- AEMV16005 - Medical Ethics and Philosophy of Medicine
- AEMV16006 - Economic Ethics
- AEMV16007 - Sustainable World: Humans, Animals and Nature
- Electives (15 EC, in the courseplanner: VK)
You can choose the other three electives from the other courses marked in the courseplanner with VK and courses outside Utrecht University. If you want to include other MA-level courses from UU or from other universities in your programme, this is subject to approval by the Examination Committee (see: Approval and Exemption).
- Master thesis (20 EC)