The Master's programme Applied Ethics has a 60 EC course load and is offered both full-time (1 year) and part-time (2 years).
» Factsheet Applied Ethics
- The Course planner contains an overview of the courses in your study programme's exam requirements, including useful information about individual courses. Do not forget to choose the academic year 2023-2024!
- Below you will find a detailed description of your curriculum.
- Full-time and part-time students join together in the courses.
- The courses are scheduled during the week, in the afternoon.
The academic year in Utrecht is divided into 4 blocks. During the first term of your programme you choose the contents of your study path, together with your Programme Coordinator or tutor. The components of the programme are:
- Core curriculum (Required, 20 EC, in the courseplanner: V)
- Electives (Constrained choice, 5 EC, in the courseplanner: VK)
You have to choose at least one of these three electives in block 2:
- AEMV16005 - Medical Ethics and Philosophy of Medicine
- AEMV16006 - Economic Ethics
- AEMV16007 - Sustainable World: Humans, Animals and Nature
- Electives (20 EC, in the courseplanner: VK)
You can choose the other three electives from the other courses marked in the courseplanner with VK and courses outside Utrecht University. If you want to include other MA-level courses from UU or from other universities in your programme, this is subject to approval by the Examination Committee (see: Approval and Exemption).
- Master thesis (15 EC)
When you start this programme, you will be registered for its exam programme. This is a 'translation' of the exam requirements described in the Education and Examination Regulations.In order to complete your Master's programme you will need to meet the exam requirements.
Study Progress Report (SPR)
Your study progress report lists all of your current results, and tells you how far along you are in meeting your exam requirements. View your study progress report in OSIRIS > tab Progress.