Most of our alumni continue as PhD students, whilst others join the pharmaceutical industry or choose for a career at governmental institutions linked to policy-making in science and health care.
MSc graduates trained in both fundamental and translational aspects of infection and immunity are in great demand. They will find their way into:
- Research in academic hospitals;
- Research institutes (fundamental research);
- The pharmaceutical industry;
- Policy - making organisations in science and health care; and
- Recruitment consulting for life sciences;
- Project managing in health care;
- IT consulting.
By the end of their Master’s programme, the majority of our students have secured a PhD position within the field of infection and immunity either in Utrecht or elsewhere in the Netherlands. Several of our alumni have been accepted onto PhD programmes at prestigious international universities.