University of Oklahoma is a universitywide partner university in Norman, United States of America. You can study at the University of Oklahoma through the MAUI program or through a bilateral (direct) exchange.
The MAUI program (Mid-America Universities International) consists of a group of 18 American universities. If you are applying for the MAUI program, you need to list the top three MAUI universities of your choice in your motivation. This means there is a chance you will not be placed at your preferred university, but at your second or third choice university instead.
Semester I (Fall): 2nd or 3rd week of August – 2nd week of December
Semester II (Spring): 2nd or 3rd week of January – 2nd week of May
- First year at host institution must be completed.
- Good academic standing (official transcripts from home institution are required in English once student accepted).
All undergraduate courses on Norman campus are open as long as the student has taken all pre-requisites.
Exceptions: OU Health Sciences Center in OKC, Law School (only if exchange student is a Law student at the home university), All graduate level Business classes (incl. Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management, Marketing & Supply Chain Management, and Management Information Systems), College of Continuing Education (Liberal Studies) and Aviation.
Economic classes: Math placement exam must be taken online or upon arrival before enrolment can take place. Details here.
Graduate courses on Norman campus are open to exchange students with the exception of MBA courses in the College of Business (see 'Areas of study open to exchange students').
Housing is guaranteed for our exchange students. OU student housing offers three options for on campus living. Traditions Square (East & West) are single bedroom/shared bathroom apartments. Alternately, academic year students can choose the student residential colleges where students will share a room and must buy a Meal plans.
Students also have the option of living in the Kraettli apartments (same website as Traditions Square). These are cheaper than Traditions Square, but they are older, and students must share a bedroom. Space is limited each semester.
- Furnished room or apartment in on-campus housing complex: $1200-$4000 per semester, depending on selected apartment
- Meal plans (optional in apartments, mandatory in residential colleges): $250-$2500 per semester, depending on personal choice.
It is helpful to consult the Exchange Student Coordinator before purchasing a meal plan.
- Regular grocery expenses: $400-600 per month, depending on student needs.
Access to grocery stores may require bus travel.
- Textbooks and course materials: $250-800 per semester, depending on major subject.
- OU Student Health Plan: approximately $715 for fall semester; $575 for spring semester (This difference is due to the duration of coverage).
- Costs can range from $400-800 per month, depending on personal choice.
- $20 SoonerCard ID
- $200 New International Student Orientation fee (first semester only)
- $150 International Maintenance Student Fee (each semester)
- $150 Exchange Student Program Fee (each semester)
*All costs and fees are subject to change without advance notice.
Full time enrolment is 12 credits for all students. The normal course load for local graduate students is 9 graduate credits, but exchange students are required to be registered for 12 credits due to visa regulations. OU advises graduate-level exchange students to take 9 graduate credits and then 3 undergraduate credits or 3 credits in an unrelated field.
Students are permitted to enroll in a maximum of 15 hours.
Most classes are typically 3 credit hours per class.
A – F (standard American system). No percentage grades will appear on transcript.
Minimum pass: For most courses D is the lowest passing grade.
5 places per year (bilateral exchange programme)
3 places per year for the MAUI program in total
Baylor University (Waco)
Columbia College Chicago
Kansas State University (Manhattan)
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Oklahoma State University (Stillwater)
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Texas State University (San Marcos)
Texas Tech University (Lubbock)
University of Kansas (Lawrence)
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Missouri-St. Louis
University of Nebraska at Kearney
University of Nebraska at Lincoln
University of Nebraska at Omaha
University of Oklahoma (Norman)
University of Tulsa
West Virginia University (Morgantown)
Wichita State University
Find more information on the MAUI website