University of Florida (Gainesville) is a universitywide partner in Gainesville, the United States.

Academic calendar

Semester I: mid August – mid December
Semester II: early January – early May


No minimum GPA required

Areas of study open to exchange students

All areas (subject to departmental permission) EXCEPT:
Levin College of Law, College of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry or Nursing.

It may be hard to get into courses offered by the College of Business, since priority is given to other groups of students (like exchange partners of the Business College).
(Please note this does not apply to Economics courses, since they are not offered by the College of Business but by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences).

Courses at Master’s level

Possible, depending on student level, departmental permission, and prerequisites.

Note that all courses in Law offered in the Levin College of Law, and courses in the College of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine or Nursing are not open to any exchange students.

Language of instruction


Housing assistance

On-Campus Housing is limited and therefore not guaranteed to students.
• Students can indicate interest in living on-campus via their online application. Upon submission of the complete application, students will be considered on a first come, first serve basis until slots are filled.
• The on-campus dorm for exchange students is Weaver Hall. Weaver Hall is part of the International Living Learning Community.
• UF offers support for off-campus housing through the Off Campus Life office.

Ultimately, students are responsible for their own off campus housing.

Students are encouraged to contact the Office of Off Campus Life for information and assistance with off-campus accommodation.

Estimated living costs per month
Credits and grading

You can find information on this university’s credits in the credit conversion table

Number of places available

10 places per year. Selection was necessary in the past few years.

© University of Florida


More information

More information about studying abroad: in Dutch and in English.


If you have any questions about this universitywide partner university, contact the universitywide International Office.