University of Alberta is a universitywide partner university in Edmonton, Canada.
Semester I: 1st week of September – end of December
Semester II: 1st week of January – end of April
Graduate (master) students must show proof of English proficiency; more information
This could be VWO with minimum grade 7 for English or a degree from a programme where the language of instruction is English
Undergraduate (bachelor) students will receive a letter stating their English proficiency from the International Office.
All except for:
- Pharmacy (unless within the Pharmacy exchange program)
- Arts and Design
- the course called BUS 201 is not open to exchange students
- some Business courses, mostly Accounting courses
- Any courses or programs described in Bear Tracks as being closed to exchange students
- Faculty of Extension courses (i.e. with course code starting with EX)
- Unless your exchange is specifically to the University of Alberta's Augustana Campus, you should not plan to take courses there (i.e. avoid courses with course codes starting with AU)
Undergraduate students cannot take graduate-level courses but grad students may be able to take undergraduate-level courses.
This is what it might cost a single student to live in Edmonton for a period of time. Please note that this is an estimate and is subject to change.
Below is what it might cost a single student to live in Edmonton for 4-8 months. Please note that this is an estimate and is subject to change and is in Canadian dollars.
|4 Months||8 Months|
|Accomodation (shared)||$2000 -
|Accomodation (private)||$3152 -
|Books and Supplies||$1000||$2000|
|Total (shared accomodation)||$7013.67 -
|Total (pricate accomodation||$8165.67 -
The miscellaneous category includes phone ($50/month), laundry ($30/month), pharmacy ($15/month), Recreation & Entertainment ($50/month) and Dental ($20/month)
U-Pass is a group discount program, which lowers the cost of transit for University of Alberta students.
All students pay a low mandatory U-Pass fee each fall and winter term, which is much lower than the cost of purchasing monthly passes for the same period of time because costs are spread over a large participant base
You can find information on this university’s credits in the credit conversion table
8 places per year