Glendon Campus (York University, Toronto)

Glendon York Logo

Glendon College (York University) is a UCR exchange partner in Toronto, Canada. When applying you need to go through the UCR Board of Examiners, and then directly to Glendon College.

Student experiences

Download the student experiences


General information for exchange students

Off campus housing



Social media



You tube

Academic calendar

Fall Semester: September to December

Winter Semester: January to April


English proficiency

Areas of study open to exchange students

Business Economics; Economics; Mathematics; Drama Studies; Biology; Multidisciplinary Studies (Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Modes of Reasoning);Translation; Communication; French Studies; Hispanic Studies; Translation Spanish/English; History; International Studies; English Studies; English as a Second Language; French as a Second Language; Sociology; Philosophy; Political Science; Psychology; Gender and Women’s Studies; Sexuality Studies; Linguistics and Language Studies

Courses at Master’s level


Language of instruction

English and French (some Spanish)

Housing assistance

There is available housing on-campus, but not guaranteed for exchange students. Students who live on campus are required to participate in the meal plan.

Estimated living costs per month

Rent approx. $1000/month, Miscellaneous costs (food, leisure, transportation, etc...): approximately$350/month, books approx. $400. Canadian winter jacket approx. $200.

Students must subscribe to the University Health Insurance Plan(UHIP), a mandatory medical insurance plan for all students. The fees are approximately $636 per year.

Credits and grading

In total you will need to take 5 courses, worth 3 credits each. 15 Canadian credits = 30 ECTS
The sum of the work you complete in each course (e.g. written assignments or exams) will be graded out of a total of 100 marks.The mark you receive out of 100 will be translated to its equivalent letter-grade (e.g. A+, A, B+, B, C+, C, etc.). Note that the letter-grade required to pass a course is “D.”

More information

For information about the requirements for studying abroad, the application procedure and more, go to UCR's Study abroad page. 

You can browse through all UCR exchange destinations and UU exchange destinations in the exchange catalog.


If you have any questions about this University College Roosevelt partner, please send an email to