Are you going on study exchange within Europe the coming academic year?
Utrecht University aims to be CO² neutral by 2030 and is working towards reducing the current air travel by 50%. As a community, we can all contribute to reducing our climate impact. Therefore Utrecht University encourages students to travel to their exchange destination by bus or train! This way you as a student can help to reduce UU’s ecological footprint and at the same time, get the opportunity to start your exchange abroad in an adventurous way.
For next academic year Utrecht University offers a large number of Travel Green Grants of EUR 185 each for students who choose to take the train or bus to their European study destination.
Students who have already been selected to study at a European partner university in 2021-2022 are eligible to apply for the Travel Green Grant.
In order to qualify for the Travel Green Grant:
- your exchange must be (conditionally) approved in Osiris before you can start the Travel Green Grant application;
- you are going to an European exchange destination (including Turkey and Russia)
- and you need to travel by train or bus.
If there are more applicants than available grants, randomized selection will be used to choose successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
- You can apply through Osiris from 15th of May up to and including 26th of June.
- Go to the Stay abroad (Buitenland) section in OSIRIS > Exchange > Grants > Fill in the application > Do not forget to click submit!
- All applicants will be informed on the result by e-mail, beginning of July.
- If you have been awarded a Travel Green Grant and after the reference date for your exchange;
- you will buy your train or bus ticket or Interrail Global Pass (of max. EUR 185) yourself and ask for reimbursement via Osiris.
- Reimbursement will be done after you have arrived at your exchange destination.
- For travelling Green Way tips and tricks, click here!
- Within one month of arrival at the host university, you are obliged to upload the used travel ticket in Osiris along with a short reflection on the journey.
Please contact the Travel Green Grant team via email@example.com