- You are or were an honours student
- You are a 3rd year bachelor student or a Master student
- Your English is of B2-level (for Dutch students: a VWO-diploma suffices)
What kind of projects can I do?
In principle, there are projects available in all study fields. The current offer of project is continuously evolving. Please see the attached files below for the current offers.
An example of a previous project:
Behavioural and International Economics (Université Paris-Sud):
In discussing the origins and implications of international trade, economists emphasize comparative advantage, increasing returns to scale and consumer love of variety but pay relatively little attention to the firms that actually drive trade flows. Yet engaging in international trade is an exceedingly rare activity: of the 5.5 million firms operating in the United States in 2000, just 4 percent were exporters. These firms run by managers may be subject to different biases such as too much aversion to risk or loss aversion. The objective of this research will be to identify such biases by constructing appropriate data or exploiting existing data sets.
Other topics were:
- Nano-structured porous materials (Université Paris-Sud)
- Interdisciplinary research on emotion and other affective phenomena (Université de Genève)
- Regulation of the initiation of ciliary growth (University Paris-Saclay)
- Ethnic Power Relations and Conflict in Fragile States (Université de Genève)
Click here for current projects offered by LERU partners
Click here for current projects offered by Utrecht University
If you are interested in a STREAM project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the UU application deadline. In general, the deadline will be three weeks before the deadline of the host institution, as mentioned in the project description.
Please sent your motivation letter (max. 2 pages), your resume, a recommendation letter of a teacher of your study programme or your honours programme and a transcript of records to email@example.com.
Please contact the coordinator of the UU Honours College by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org