Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Münster, Germany.
Read about student experiences
Semester I (Winter Semester): approximately October – February
Semester II (Summer Semester): approximately April – July
Language requirement: a minimum language level of B2 (CEFR) in English/German is required for courses on BA level. MA courses require a C1 level.
- Humanities and Arts (BA only) Niederlande-Deutschland Studien, Germanistiek. Within this agreement some other areas within Humanities may be possible, however this cannot be promised and has to be discussed beforehand with the coordinators of the faculties concerned.
- Foreign Languages: German and Dutch
- Literature (BA only)
- Master in National and Transnational studies only: this master is open for UU research master students of Comparative Literature only.
Students are allowed to take some of their courses within other faculties of the university, if the limited number of participants in these courses allows it.
- History (BA and MA)
- Foreign Languages: German and Dutch (BA and MA)
- Translation (MA only)
- Literature: (BA en RMA Comparative Literature only)
Most courses are taught in German, only very few lectures and seminars are taught in English or other languages. There are no additional courses for exchange students. Please make sure to acquire some German skills before you arrive to Münster.
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
- History: 3 places per year.
- Foreign Languages: Dutch and German 2 places per year
- Translation: 2 places per year (MA)
- Literature: 2 places for BA students, 2 for MA students per year
- Humanities and Arts: 5 places (BA)
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also follow students who are currently abroad on Instagram!
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
Walk-in office hours
- Monday and Thursday from 11.00h to 12.00h
You can make an appointment with one of the exchange coordinators, just send an email or call us.
Handing in and picking up documents
Monday to Friday from 11.00 to 15.00 at the Student Desk, Drift 10.
Gerdien Ramaker-Zijlstra (Exchange Coordinator for Southern and Eastern Europe, Asia, Central and South America)
Monique Hanrath (Exchange Coordinator for Western and Northern Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America)
Nelline Bogerd (Support Officer)
Sanne Boomsma (Head)