University of York is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in York, England, United Kingdom.
Read about student experiences.
Autumn term: approximately late September - early December
Spring term: approximately early January - mid-March
Summer term: approximately mid April - mid-June
You can come to York for one, two or three terms, or the equivalent of one semester at your home university.
Bachelor and Master level
History: Students have to take a majority of their ECTS within the 'Department of History', it is allowed to take up to 30 percent of your courses outside the department. For these courses you need the approval of the other department(s), which depends on your background and places in the module.
Master level only
- Medieval Studies: Students can only take courses at the 'Centre for Medieval Studies'.
- Gender Studies: Students can only take Gender courses at the Centre for Women's Studies.
Yes (Gender and Medieval Studies: Master courses only)
Normal study load per semester: 60 credits per term (30 ECTS)
- Gender Studies: 1 place per year
- Medieval Studies: 2 places per year
- History: 3 places per year
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also follow students who are currently abroad on Instagram!
Temporary address: Janskerkhof 12, 3512 BL Utrecht till July 18. We will be back at Drift 10 on July 23.
+31 (0)30 253 6046
Walk-in office hours
- Monday and Thursday from 11.00h to 12.00h
- There is no walk-in hour on July 22.
- From July 29 till August 10 there are no walk-in hours. You can reach us by telephone and e-mail.
You can make an appointment with one of the exchange coordinators, just send an email or call us.
Handing in and picking up documents
Monday to Friday from 11.00 to 15.00 at the Student Desk, Janskerkhof 12
Gerdien Ramaker-Zijlstra (Exchange Coordinator for Southern and Eastern Europe, Asia, Central and South America)
Monique Hanrath (Exchange Coordinator for Western and Northern Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America)
Tessel Arendsen (Support Officer)
Nelline Bogerd (Support Officer)