University of Sheffield is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Sheffield, England, United Kingdom.
Read about student experiences.
Semester I (Autumn Semester): approximately late September – early February
Semester II (Spring Semester): approximately early February – mid-June
Language requirement: a minimum language level of B2 (CEFR) in English is required.
- Bachelor and Master: History
Students are allowed to take courses outside the department of 'History' in other departments in the faculty of 'Arts and Humanities'. However, the amount of outside courses you can take is often decided on an individual basis. Each department has some courses which are restricted. History restricts access to Level 3 courses (Special subjects), which are often oversubscribed, and to some Level 1 courses (HST 120). Level 3 Special Subjects, even when places are available, can only be taken by students studying for a whole year.
- Bachelor: Languages, priority NVT-stage; please contact Emmeline Besamusca: E.N.Besamusca@uu.nl for additional information and before applying.
Students can choose courses from the faculties of 'Arts' and 'Social Sciences', with some restrictions and subject to availability.The agreement is with the Germanic Department in Sheffield. Students not interested in the NVT-stage, but in the Germanic department, please contact International Office Humanities, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: English Language and Culture is not taught within the Germanic department at Sheffield and therefore not a part of the agreement. Also, some courses are not open to exchange students.
You can find information on this university’s credits in the credit conversion table
- History: 2 places per year
- Languages: 4 places per year.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also see stories of students who have been abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: In case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
- Sanne Boomsma - Head International Office Humanities;
- Pooi Ji Hang - Exchange Coordinator (South and East Europe, Asia, Central and South America);
- Monique Hanrath - Exchange Coordinator (North and West Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America);
- Nelline Bogerd - Support Officer;
- Agaath Sluijters - Support Officer.
Our front desk is currently closed.
Send an email to email@example.com.