Università di Bologna is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Bologna, Italy.
Read about student experiences
Semester I: approximately September – January
Semester II: approximately February – June
When taking courses in English basic knowledge of Italian (level A2) is strongly advised.
When taking courses in Italian B2 level of Italian is recommended.
Students have to take a majority of their courses within the 'School of Arts, Humanities, and Cultural Heritage'. Subjects taught here are Communication, History, History of Art, Italian Studies, Journalism, Literature, Linguistics, Media, Philosophy, and Religion. However, it is also possible to add some credits from courses outside this school. These applications will be evaluated case by case.
The University of Bologna is organized on a multicampus structure. Courses and research activities are held in 5 cities: Bologna (the main campus), Cesena, Forlì, Ravenna and Rimini.
The University of Bologna recommends students to find accommodation in the city where their campus is located. More information can be found here.
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
- Languages: 2 places per year
- Media: 4 places per year
- Philosophy: 2 places per year
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also see stories of students who have been abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: In case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to email@example.com with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
- Sanne Boomsma - Head International Office Humanities;
- Pooi Ji Hang - Exchange Coordinator (South and East Europe, Asia, Central and South America);
- Monique Hanrath - Exchange Coordinator (North and West Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America);
- Nelline Bogerd - Support Officer;
- Agaath Sluijters - Support Officer.
Our front desk is currently closed.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.