University of Birmingham is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Autumn term: end of September – December
Spring term: January – March
Summer term: April – June
Students must arrive one week earlier than the dates given in September (for the orientation week) and several days earlier in January for orientation. Exact arrival dates can be found on the website.
Grade requirement: GPA: 3.0 or equivalent. (7 gemiddeld)
Language proficiency: Accepted proof: A mark of 8 or higher on the Dutch Voorbereidend wetenschappelijk onderwijs (vwo).
See the website for more information (scroll to 'English language requirements').
- Priority for History students.
- Students can take courses at the College of Arts and Law. Subjects covered here are Archeology, Communication, Conflict Studies, English Studies, French Studies, German Studies, History, History of Art, International Relations, Italian Studies, Literature, Linguistics, Musicology, Philosophy, and Religion.
- Students can take 20 of the 60 credits (per semester) in other colleges within the university. However, this would depend on the student's eligibility, entry requirements, availability of the module and other factors.
- These courses are confirmed by the departments after the students have submitted their applications.
- Students who want to follow master courses have to make good inquiries to find out if they are eligible.
You can find information on this university’s credits in the credit conversion table
4 places per year.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also follow students who are currently abroad on Instagram!
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
Walk-in office hours
- Monday and Thursday from 11.00h to 12.00h
You can make an appointment with one of the exchange coordinators by filling out this web form.
Handing in and picking up documents
Monday to Friday from 11.00 to 15.00 at the Student Desk, Drift 10.
Gerdien Ramaker-Zijlstra (Exchange Coordinator for Southern and Eastern Europe, Asia, Central and South America)
Monique Hanrath (Exchange Coordinator for Western and Northern Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America)
Nelline Bogerd (Support Officer)
Sanne Boomsma (Head)