University of Birmingham is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Autumn term: end of September – December
Spring term: January – March
Summer term: April – June
Students must arrive one week earlier than the dates given in September (for the orientation week) and several days earlier in January for orientation. Exact arrival dates can be found on the website.
Grade requirement: GPA: 3.0 or equivalent. (7 gemiddeld)
Language proficiency: Accepted proof: A mark of 8 or higher on the Dutch Voorbereidend wetenschappelijk onderwijs (vwo).
See the website for more information (scroll to 'English language requirements').
- Priority for History students.
- Students can take courses at the College of Arts and Law. Subjects covered here are Archeology, Communication, Conflict Studies, English Studies, French Studies, German Studies, History, History of Art, International Relations, Italian Studies, Literature, Linguistics, Musicology, Philosophy, and Religion.
- Students can take 20 of the 60 credits (per semester) in other colleges within the university. However, this would depend on the student's eligibility, entry requirements, availability of the module and other factors.
- These courses are confirmed by the departments after the students have submitted their applications.
- Students who want to follow master courses have to make good inquiries to find out if they are eligible.
You can find information on this university’s credits in the credit conversion table
4 places per year.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also follow students who are currently abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: in case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to email@example.com with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046