Université d’Avignon is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Avignon, France. The university is also known under its full name Université d’Avignon et des Pays de Vaucluse.
Read the student experiences.
Semester I: September – January
Semester II: January - June
Language requirement: a minimum language level of B1 (CEFR) in French is required.
The International Office (UU Humanities) recommends a B2 level at the moment of exchange in order to fully participate in the courses.
Students can take courses within the Faculties of 'Arts, Lettres et Langues' and 'Sciences Humaines et Sociales'. Courses taught here cover Archeology, communication, English Studies, French Studies, History, History of Art, Italian Studies, Journalism, Literature, Linguistics, and Media. However, students are also allowed to take some of their courses in other faculties within the university.
For housing you have 4 different options:
- CROUS hall of residence: the CROUS is responsible for certain aspects of student life, including accommodation and meals. A number of shared studios in a CROUS hall of residence are reserved for exchange students. Cheap and very basic, these same-sex shared studios are located next to the town centre campus. Priority is given to students staying for a full academic year rather than just a semester;
- Privately run student halls of residence
- Private flat – shared or not: some websites provide small ads that are quite useful to international students who want to prepare ahead of their arrival: leboncoin.fr, which is free, and appartager.com, a fee-paying site that can nonetheless give you good addresses.
- Rented room: it is also a good option to choose to live with a family. You will have to say so in your online application form and the university will help you find one. The number of places is very limited.
There are many private student residences in the town centre, within walking distance of the main campus. Prices range from about € 250 (single room) to about € 450 (studio flat) per month.
The minimum monthly budget including accommodation and food is about € 600.
International students staying for more than one semester can apply for housing benefit (called “APL” or “ALS”), which can cover up to 50 % of their rent.
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
2 places per year.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also follow students who are currently abroad on Instagram!
Temporary address: Janskerkhof 12, 3512 BL Utrecht till July 18. We will be back at Drift 10 on July 23.
+31 (0)30 253 6046
Walk-in office hours
- Monday and Thursday from 11.00h to 12.00h
- There is no walk-in hour on July 22.
- From July 29 till August 10 there are no walk-in hours. You can reach us by telephone and e-mail.
You can make an appointment with one of the exchange coordinators, just send an email or call us.
Handing in and picking up documents
Monday to Friday from 11.00 to 15.00 at the Student Desk, Janskerkhof 12
Gerdien Ramaker-Zijlstra (Exchange Coordinator for Southern and Eastern Europe, Asia, Central and South America)
Monique Hanrath (Exchange Coordinator for Western and Northern Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America)
Tessel Arendsen (Support Officer)
Nelline Bogerd (Support Officer)