Universiteit Gent is an exchange destination for Utrecht University students of the faculty of Humanities in Ghent, Belgium.
Read about student experiences
Semester I: mid September – early February
Semester II: early February – early July
Students can only take courses at the Faculty of Arts & Philosophy. Subjects taught here cover Archeology, Dutch Language and Culture, English Studies, French Studies, German Studies, History, History of Art, Italian Studies, Literature, Linguistics, and Philosophy.
Dutch: all BA programmes and majority of MA programmes.
English: 42 MA programmes; large number of exchange programmes (English taught courses)
Courses/books: +/- € 500 per academic year
Study material: +/- € 100 per academic year
Housing (student room / studio): € 300 – € 430 per month
Housing (apartment): Minimum € 500 per month
Transport: Bus Pass (student) € 178 per year
Transport: Bike rental € 35 – € 50 per year
See also this link: Estimated living costs per month
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
3 places per year.
Language requirement: a minimum language level of B2 (CEFR) in the language of instruction (Dutch/English) is required.
More information about language requirements.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also see stories of students who have been abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: In case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to email@example.com with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
- Sanne Boomsma - Head International Office Humanities;
- Pooi Ji Hang - Exchange Coordinator (South and East Europe, Asia, Central and South America);
- Monique Hanrath - Exchange Coordinator (North and West Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America);
- Nelline Bogerd - Support Officer;
- Agaath Sluijters - Support Officer.
Our front desk is currently closed.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.