Universitat de Barcelona is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor students of the faculty of Humanities in Barcelona, Spain.

Student experiences

Read about student experiences.

Academic calendar

Semester I: approximately September – January
Semester II: approximately February – June

More information


Language requirement: a B1 language level (CEFR) in Spanish is required.
The International Office (HUM) recommends a B2 level at the moment of exchange in order to fully participate in the courses.

Information about Spanish and Catalan courses

Course requirement: Exchange students must take at least 51% of their credits in the Faculty of Geography and History

Areas of study open to exchange students

Students have to take at least 51 percent of their courses at the 'Faculty of Geography and History'. The other 49 percent of the courses can be taken in other faculties within the university. 


Courses at Master’s level


Language of instruction

Spanish, some courses in English

Housing assistance
Estimated living costs per month

No information available.


Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS

Number of places available

2 places per year. 

Additional information

More information

More information about studying abroad: in Dutch and in English.

Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).

You can also see stories of students who have been abroad on Instagram!

International Office Humanities

Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.  

You can reach us in the following ways:

Please mention your student number in all correspondence!


We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.

Mailing address

Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046


  • Sanne Boomsma - Head International Office Humanities;
  • Pooi Ji Hang - Exchange Coordinator (South and East Europe, Asia, Central and South America);
  • Monique Hanrath - Exchange Coordinator (North and West Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America);
  • Nelline Bogerd - Support Officer;
  • Agaath Sluijters - Support Officer.
Walk-in office hours

Our front desk is currently closed.

Making an appointment

You can make an appointment via this online form or send an email to internationaloffice.hum@uu.nl.

Handing in and picking up documents

Send an email to internationaloffice.hum@uu.nl.