Universidade Católica Portuguesa is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Lisbon, Portugal.
Read about the student experiences
Language requirement: a minimum of B2 language level (CEFR) in English is required. For Portuguese a a minimum of B2 (CEFR) is recommended.
Course requirement: 51% of ECTS offered by the Faculdade de Ciências/Faculty of Human Sciences.
Students can take courses in Communication at the Faculdade de Ciências Humanas. If any places are available, students are also allowed to take some courses at the Institute of Political Sciences and the Faculty of Business and Economics.
The Universidade Católica Portuguesa also offers a Liberal Arts Curriculum in English. Information on this curriculum is available here. This Curriculum allows incoming students to attend some courses taught in English outside the Faculdade de Ciências Humanas. Nonetheless, students should enrol in at least 51% of ECTS offered by the Faculdade de Ciências Humanas.
The university does not have accommodation for students, but can help them find accommodation in Lisbon. The Universidade Católica Portuguesa has a private Female Students’ Residence Hall in Lisbon. Students should contact the Residence Hall for further information.
Recommended sites to find accommodation are:
This information is subject to change. It is meant to be an indication. Costs may differ due to personal circumstances.
Living in Lisbon is affordable. Students can spend an average of €700 / €800 per month.
• Housing (per month): €300 to €400
• Food (per month): €250 to €350
• Meal in the canteen of the university: €4
• Meal in a restaurant: €8 to €12
• Coffee (Espresso): €0.65
• Transportation (monthly pass): €30 (Lisbon only), €40 (Greater Lisbon Area) (25% discount for students aged 23 or under)
• Subway ticket: €1.45 | Bus Ticket: €1.85
• Cinema: € 6-8
• Museum: €10
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
2 places per year.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also see stories of students who have been abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: In case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to email@example.com with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
- Sanne Boomsma - Head International Office Humanities;
- Pooi Ji Hang - Exchange Coordinator (South and East Europe, Asia, Central and South America);
- Monique Hanrath - Exchange Coordinator (North and West Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America);
- Nelline Bogerd - Support Officer;
- Agaath Sluijters - Support Officer.
Our front desk is currently closed.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.