Universidad Autónoma de Madrid is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor students of the Faculty of Humanities in Madrid, Spain.
Read about the student experiences
Semester I: approximately September – January
Semester II: approximately February – June
Language requirement: a B1 language level (CEFR) in Spanish is required. However, a B2 language level is recommended.
Some courses are taught in English (you can choose courses within the field of International Studies). Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that you can enrol in only English-taught courses (due to enrolment limitations), which is why it is highly advisable to have at least B1 level in Spanish. More information about Spanish courses.
Students can take International Relations and History courses within the field of International Studies.
Living expenses in Madrid (including sharing an apartment, food and transportation) would be around 700-800€/per month.
This information is subject to change. It is meant to be an indication. Costs may differ due to personal circumstances.
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
2-4 places per year (History students only).
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also see stories of students who have been abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: In case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to email@example.com with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
- Sanne Boomsma - Head International Office Humanities;
- Pooi Ji Hang - Exchange Coordinator (South and East Europe, Asia, Central and South America);
- Monique Hanrath - Exchange Coordinator (North and West Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America);
- Nelline Bogerd - Support Officer;
- Agaath Sluijters - Support Officer.
Our front desk is currently closed.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.