Roskilde University is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Roskilde, Denmark.
Read about student experiences.
The academic year at RUC is divided into two semesters:
• The autumn semester: running from 1 September to 1 February
• The spring semester: running from 1 February to 1 July
Language requirement: a minimum language level of B2 (CEFR) in English is required.
- IELTS: minimum score: 6.5 or
- TOEFL paper-based: minimum score: 550 or
- TOEFL computer-based: minimum score: 225 or
- TOEFL internet-based: minimum score: 80 or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): minimum score: passed or
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): minimum score: 160
- TOEIC Listening and Reading: minimum score of 785 pts or
- TOEIC Speaking and Writing: minimum score of: 160 pts for Speaking and 150 pts for Writing
For courses in Danish special requirements apply.
The subjects covered by the Erasmus agreement are Communication and Cultural Encounters taught at the department of Communication and Arts. Exchange students should mainly choose their courses within the agreed field of study. Whether or not they are allowed to take courses within other fields depends on their academic background and course availability.
English and Danish
This information is subject to change. It is meant to be an indication. Costs may differ due to personal circumstances.
In total you should expect to use approximately DKK 8,000 per month, but it depends on your personal standards and requirements.
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
1 place per year.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also follow students who are currently abroad on Instagram!
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
Walk-in office hours
- Monday and Thursday from 11.00h to 12.00h
You can make an appointment with one of the exchange coordinators by filling out this web form.
Handing in and picking up documents
Monday to Friday from 11.00 to 15.00 at the Student Desk, Drift 10.
Gerdien Ramaker-Zijlstra (Exchange Coordinator for Southern and Eastern Europe, Asia, Central and South America)
Monique Hanrath (Exchange Coordinator for Western and Northern Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America)
Nelline Bogerd (Support Officer)
Sanne Boomsma (Head)