Palacký University (Olomouc) is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Olomouc, Czech Republic.
Semester I (Winter Semester): September - early February
Semester II (Summer Semester): early February - June
Language requirement: a minimum language level of B2 (CEFR) in English/Czech is required.
- History: for History students: a majority of the courses should be taken at the Department of History, but courses can also be taken in other faculties within the university as long as there are still places available in the course.
- Foreign Languages
- Music and Performing Arts: courses should be taken at the Department of Theater and Film Studies. Students are allowed to take up to 60 percent of their courses outside the department but within the Faculty of Arts.
Mainly English and Czech. Some courses in German, French, Spanish, etc.
There are several courses of Czech language offered at Palacký University. If you are an Erasmus programme student, you can attend certain courses for free.
University students can stay in one of the two Palacký University campuses, these include seven dormitories. Housing is guaranteed for students and teachers from abroad.
This information is subject to change. It is meant to be an indication. Costs may differ due to personal circumstances.
Generally, as a student you can live here comfortably for as little as 8,000 CZK (approximately 300 EUR) per month.
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
- History: 1 place per year
- Foreign Languages: 2 places per year
- Music and Performing Arts: 2 places per year
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also follow students who are currently abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: in case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046