Lund University is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Lund, Sweden.
Read about student experiences.
Semester I (Autumn Semester): approximately end of August – mid-January
Semester II (Spring Semester): approximately mid-January – early June
- Bachelor: a minimum language level of B2 (CEFR) in English is required.
- Master: a minimum language level of C1 (CEFR) in English is required.
The Swedish language requirement for exchange students wishing to study Swedish-taught courses is CEFR level C.
There are 2 agreements with the Lund University:
- Genderstudies, Faculty of Humanities and Sociology. Students are also allowed to take courses within the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Humanities and Languages: students can take courses at the Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology. Subject taught here cover Archeology, Communication, English Studies, French Studies, Gender Studies, German Studies, History, History of Art, Italian Studies, Literature, Linguistics, Media, Musicology, Philosophy, Religion. Please note: Journalism is not available for exchange students!
Also, students of the agreement Humanities and Languages are allowed to take courses at other faculties within the university. Students are however obliged to take at least 50 percent of their courses at the Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology.
- Some areas are restricted such as Medicine and Performing Arts.
- Some faculties only allow students to take 25 percent of the courses, i.e. one course at their faculty.
- Business courses are very difficult to access.
English and Swedish
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
- Humanities and Arts: 2 places per year.
- Gender studies: 4 places per year.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also follow students who are currently abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: in case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to email@example.com with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046