Ludwig Maximilians Universität München is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Munich, Germany.
Read about student experiences.
Semester I (Winter Semester): approximately October – February
Semester II (Summer Semester): approximately April – July
Language requirement: a minimum language level of B2 (CEFR) in German or English is required.
See the LMU website for further information.
Students are allowed to take courses at two departments: Department II (Griechische und Lateinische, Romanische, Italienische und Slavische Philologie, Sprachen und Kommunikation), and Department für Kunstwissenschaften. Subjects taught here cover French, German, and Italian Studies, Literature, Linguistics, Musicology, and Theatre Studies.
Students can take the up to 50 percent of their course modules in no more than two other departments (for example: 50 percent of courses in the Department of German Philology, 25 percent of courses in the Department of History and 25 percent of courses in the Department of Politics).
German and English
The “Studentenwerk München” provides the International Office with a number of rooms under their “service package” scheme for exchange students. However, rooms are limited and therefore cannot be guaranteed for all exchange students.
This information is subject to change. It is meant to be an indication. Costs may differ due to personal circumstances.
- Rooms in private accommodation including extra costs: 350€ – 600€
- Rooms in student residences: 300€ and 370€ including extra costs
- Health insurance approx. 80€
- Food approx. 200€ – 250€
- Mobile phone approx. 15€ – 20€
- Public transport approx. 33€
With a valid student identity card, you have access to price reductions for public transport, at the student cafeterias, and at cultural events (e.g. theatre, concerts, museums, etc.).
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
4 places per year.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also see stories of students who have been abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: In case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
- Sanne Boomsma - Head International Office Humanities;
- Pooi Ji Hang - Exchange Coordinator (South and East Europe, Asia, Central and South America);
- Monique Hanrath - Exchange Coordinator (North and West Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America);
- Nelline Bogerd - Support Officer;
- Agaath Sluijters - Support Officer.
Our front desk is currently closed.
Send an email to email@example.com.