Humboldt-Universität is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Berlin, Germany.
Read about student experiences.
Semester I (Winter Semester): approximately October – February
Semester II (Summer Semester): approximately April - July
Musicology and History: Language requirement: a minimum language level of B2 (CEFR) in German is required.
Gender studies Language requirement: a minimum language level of C1 (CEFR) in both German and English is required.
More information about German intensive courses.
- Gender Studies
Students may also take some courses within other departments at the university, depending on the capacities and offers. Discuss this beforehand. Sometimes an additional Learning agreement is requested and the transcipt will have to be obtained from that department.
German, English depending on the area, check the requirements.
30 ECTS per semester.
An erasmus student enjoys equal rights and is allowed to all classes of the same degree (Bachelor or Master). The ECTS points for the classes: Vorlesung 2 ECTS, Übung 3 ECTS, Seminar 4 ECTS, Bachelorseminar 5 ECTS. You can upgrade your points in every class (except Vorlesung) by writing a thesis: ECTS 2 = 10 pages, 3 = 15 pages, 5 = 20 pages, 7 = 25 pages, at your choice.
- Musicology: 4 places per year
- Gender Studies: 2 places per year
- History: 2 places per year
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also see stories of students who have been abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: In case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
- Sanne Boomsma - Head International Office Humanities;
- Pooi Ji Hang - Exchange Coordinator (South and East Europe, Asia, Central and South America);
- Monique Hanrath - Exchange Coordinator (North and West Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America);
- Nelline Bogerd - Support Officer;
- Agaath Sluijters - Support Officer.
Our front desk is currently closed.
Send an email to email@example.com.