Eötvös Loránd University (Budapest) is an exchange destination for Utrecht University Bachelor and Master students of the faculty of Humanities in Budapest, Hungary.
Read about student experiences.
Semester I (Autumn Semester): approximately early September – early February
Semester II (Spring Semester): approximately early February – early July
Language requirement: a minimum language level of B2 (CEFR) in English is required.
- Department of Film Studies
- Department of Dutch Studies (priority for NVT-stage)
Students are selected under either of these subject areas and must limit their course choice to the courses within these departmens. Students are allowed to take courses outside the department but only when they meet the specific requirements of the respective discipline and this has to be agreed upon with the department concerned.
ELTE is also a destination for the NVT-stage. Students can find more information on this website (under the button Courses, information is only written in Dutch). Please contact drs. Emmeline Besamusca (E.N.Besamusca@uu.nl) for additional information and before submitting your application.
English and Hungarian
It is possible to take Language Courses (more information)
In total, you need at least HUF 120,000 (EUR 400) each month to live comfortably in Budapest.
This information is subject to change. It is meant to be an indication. Costs may differ due to personal circumstances.
Normal study load per semester: 30 ECTS
- Dutch Studies: 2 places per year. Priority is given to students doing the NVT-stage.
- Film Studies: 2 places per year.
Do you have any questions about this partner university or about studying abroad? Contact the International Office of the Faculty of Humanities (details below).
You can also see stories of students who have been abroad on Instagram!
International Office Humanities
Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. This means that there are no walk-in hours and it is not possible to make an appointment.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: In case you wish to contact us by phone, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, so that we can call you back.
Please mention your student number in all correspondence!
We are unable to sign physical documents. If you need to have a document signed, please send it to us via email.
Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht
+31 (0)30 253 6046
- Sanne Boomsma - Head International Office Humanities;
- Pooi Ji Hang - Exchange Coordinator (South and East Europe, Asia, Central and South America);
- Monique Hanrath - Exchange Coordinator (North and West Europe, Africa, Oceania and North America);
- Nelline Bogerd - Support Officer;
- Agaath Sluijters - Support Officer.
Our front desk is currently closed.
Send an email to email@example.com.