Griffith University (Brisbane) is a universitywide partner in Brisbane, Australia. You can study at Griffith University through the AEN program. There is no direct (bilateral) exchange agreement with Griffith University, so you will have to apply for AEN if you want to study there.

The AEN program (Australian European Network) consists of a group of 6 Australian universities. Utrecht doesn’t exchange with these universities directly, but via AEN. You will have to choose AEN as the option in Osiris. If you are applying for the AEN program, you need to list the top three AEN universities of your choice in your motivation. This means there is a chance you will not be placed at your preferred university, but at your second or third choice university instead.

Academic calendar

Semester I: 3rd week of February - end of June
Semester II: 3rd week of July - 3rd week of November

See the academic calendar

Areas of study open to exchange students

All disciplines are open to exchange except Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry and Oral Health.


English language requirements: 

  • A minimum overall band score of 6.0 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 5.5 or
  • A minimum score of 550 on TOEFL (Paper) or
  • A TOEFL iBT score of 71 (no score less than 19 in writing, and 17 in all other skills) or
  • No score less than 3 in each skill of the ISLPR or
  • A minimum grade of C on the Cambridge (CAE) or
  • A minimum grade of C on the Cambridge (CPE)
Courses at Master’s level


Language of instruction


Housing assistance

Assistance (all campuses) is provided for students who need to find accommodation.

More information

Information for Nathan, Mt Gravatt and Southbank campuses:
On campus accommodation
Off-campus accommodation

Estimated living costs per month

Living costs are estimated at between AUD$9,000 per semester.


You can find information on this university’s credits in the credit conversion table

Number of places available

6 places per year for the AEN network in total.


More information

More information about studying abroad: in Dutch and in English.


If you have any questions about this universitywide partner university, contact the universitywide International Office.