The Global Health evenings will be held every second Tuesday of the month.The course takes place in the Pink lecture room of the faculty near the Hijmans van den Bergh Building.
|Wednesday 10 April 2019||Global Surgery|
|Wednesday 8 May 2019||Health in Humanitarian Crisis|
|Wednesday 12 June 2019||Global Mental Health|
|Wednesday 17 July 2019 (third Wednesday of the Month, combined with the summer school)||Global Women’s Health|
|Tuesday 10 September 2019||Global Health ethics|
|Tuesday 8 October 2019||Environmental Health and Climate Change|
|Tuesday 12 November 2019||Global Opthalmology, Dermatology and ENT|
|Tuesday 10 December 2019||Non-Communicable Diseases|
|Tuesday 14 January 2020||To be announced|
|Tuesday 11 February 2020||To be announced|
|Tuesday 10 March 2020||To be announced|
For enrolment, go to Osiris. The course code is GNME00118.
For enrolment, fill in this form.
- The course is successfully completed when you attend 7 evenings and also submit an essay on a subject that connects to an evening of your choice. After completing these components you will receive a certificate. For students who enrol in the GH&TM course from April 2018 onwards: for completion of the course you need to have attended 9 out of 11 evenings and submit an essay. For those who started earlier: the current 7 out of 11 evenings are maintained (and of course you are very much encouraged to participate in more!). Please note: the online pre-departure course is not a requirement for UU Medicine students anymore.
- An attendance card will be distributed on the first evening you attend the GH&TM course. Please make sure that it is signed off every evening you attend, this takes place at the end of the evening.
- For completion, please send your essay to: GHcourse1@umcutrecht.nl. This essay should contain 500 to a maximum of 1000 words. We have entered into a partnership with the IFMSA-NL magazine 'Global Medicine' and a selection of the essays will be published here.
- For more course information, click here.
- Follow the UMC Utrecht International Office Facebook page to stay informed about the course programme and speakers. Registered students will also receive course information by email.
Yes! The course has been renewed, with different speakers and a new design of the programme. You can participate again in the entire course, or only attend specific evenings.
Yes! This is no problem. However, you will not receive a certificate at the end of the course.
Yes! Both the separate evenings and the entire course are open for non medicine students, such as students from other faculties or universities, UMCU employees or other interested parties. If you are a UU student please register in Osiris for the course, non-UU students can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes! You can enter any time of the year. For attendance the number of evenings will be counted from the first month you enter the course, a total of 9 is required.
We ask students to write 3 Global Health summaries based on literature you can find (around 100 words per summary).
We only hand out the certificates once a year, in May. The deadline for handing in the attendance card and essay will be in April/May. By that time you will receive a reminder email with the exact date.
It is possible to complete the course throughout the whole year. If you finish before April/May you may hand in your essay and attendance card when you finish the course, but you will still receive your certificate in May.
Yes! Please note that all UU students registered for the course have to re-register in Osiris for the next academic year.