|14 September||Environmental Health|
|12 October||Global Ophthalmology, Dermatology, and ENT|
|9 November||Global Health Ethics|
|14 December||Non-Communicable Diseases|
|11 January||Global Mental Health|
|8 February||Child Health|
|8 March||Maternal & Reproductive Health|
|12 April||Infectious Diseases|
|10 May||Global Surgery|
|14 June||Health in Humanitarian Crises|
For enrolment, use this Formdesk link: https://fd21.formdesk.com/universiteitutrecht-gnk/Enrollment_GH1.
- All lectures are online via Teams. In the Teams environment, you can find course information, receive reminders about upcoming lectures, ask questions to lecturers, and chat to fellow students. Please use the Formdesk link to enroll and be added to the Teams environment.
- To complete the course and obtain a certificate, you have to (a) attend 9 lecture evenings on separate Global Health themes and (b) write and receive a ‘pass’ on an essay about a subject that connects to a lecture evening of your choice. Attendance will be taken during each lecture. Essays are handed in and graded via Teams.
- This is an extracurricular course, meaning you will not receive academic credits for it.
- For those who attended the in-person lecture evenings before April 2020, these still count towards your attendance.
- Follow the UMC Utrecht International Office Facebook page to stay informed about the course program and speakers. Registered students will also receive course information through Teams.
Can I participate in this course if I have already followed the Global Health course?
Yes! The course has been renewed, with different speakers and a new design of the program. You can participate again in the entire course, or only attend specific evenings.
Can I only attend a few evenings?
Yes! This is no problem. However, you will only receive a certificate if you attend 9 lectures and write and receive a ‘pass’ on an essay.
I know someone from another faculty who would also like to follow the course can he/she/they come along?
Yes! The evenings and the entire course are open for anyone who is interested, including students from other faculties or universities, UMCU employees or other interested parties. To enroll, they can use the Formdesk link https://fd21.formdesk.com/universiteitutrecht-gnk/Enrollment_GH1 or email us at GHcourse1@umcutrecht.nl
When can I start the course?
You can start the course any time of the year. If you are interested in completing the course and obtaining a certificate, you need to attend 9 lecture evenings. These will be counted from the first time you join the course, whenever that is.
What should I do if I finished the course, but lost my attendance card?
We ask students to write 3 Global Health summaries based on literature you can find (around 100 words per summary).
Is it possible to follow the Global Health course during two different academic years?
Yes! You will have to re-enroll each academic year. You will be reminded to do this