The University of Southampton (United Kingdom) is an exchange destination for students of the Faculty of Geosciences.
- Autumn term: mid-September — mid December
- Spring term: beginning of January — mid-March
- Summer term: mid-April — mid-June
See: Term dates.
English language proficiency B2 (see CEFR).
- Geography (undergraduate and postgraduate)
- Ocean and Earth Sciences (only ondergraduate)
Yes, only Geography.
Yes. See: Accomodation for incoming students.
About € 1.100,-. See: Student living costs.
Normal study load per term: 60 University of Southampton credits (30 EC).
- Geography: two places per year for ten months at most.
- Ocean and Earth Sciences: two places per year for ten months at most (only Bacherlor’s students).
For questions about study abroad not answered on this site, you can seek assistance from the International Office Geosciences (about language proficiency, finances, motivation etc.). For questions about study plans and exam regulations, please contact your study advisor.
The International Office is open and can be reached by telephone on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 10:30 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 14:30 (or by appointment).