You can contact the ICT helpdesk for help and advice with IT problems, like problems with your account/ password, studying remote (or from home) at the Utrecht University or problems with printing, scanning and copying.
Your Solis-id is your username for most university services. You also use it to log on to university computers. It is the same as the 7-digit student number you have received after your registration by the International Office of Veterinary Medicine.
As a new student, you will receive your Solis-id via e-mail. In that same e-mail, you will find a link to the password portal where you are able to create your password.
- Forgot, change or create your password: Use the password portal
- Read the tips for a strong password and password management tools
More information can be found on the Solis-id page.
NEW STUDENTS (FROM 1 JULY 2020 AND LATER):
Every student has a Solis-mail address. This address has been sent to your private email address (during your registration).
In the MyUU app for students you will find your grades from Osiris, your student card, your library card and your personal timetable. Download the app from Apple app store or Android's Google Play store. Once installed you log in with your Solis-id and password.
The MyUU portal on the student website offers:
- Your timetable from MyTimetable
- Your results from OSIRIS
- Your study progress from OSIRIS
- Links to frequently used university systems and websites
- A direct link to the homepage of your study programme
You can access the portal at https://students.uu.nl/myuu or by clicking Log in in the top right corner of this website.
Use OSIRIS to register for courses, see your marks and enter a change of address.
The University has a digital learning environment called Blackboard. You can log in using your Solis-id and Solis password. Please note! Did you recently received your Solis-id? It may take up to 24 hours until your account is activated in Blackboard. Please try again later.
Missed a lecture? Didn't pay enough attention? Visit Lecturenet (Dutch). Here you can find a growing collection of recorded lectures.
MyTimetable is the timetable website of Utrecht University. More information here on the MyTimetable page.
Vetware is an application used by the faculty of veterinary medicine.
This manual describes how to make a quick start with Vetware – on your Solis-workspace (UU computer).
At the university, you can make use of eduroam. Connect by using your credentials;
- Username: your UU email address (e.g. email@example.com). Does this not work? Try firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
- Password: your Solis password
Looking for instructions about how to configure Wi-Fi on your device? Visit the manuals webpage.
Please note that Windows 7 or older devices can not connect to Eduroam due to safety reasons.
- Access your personal files on your U drive from another location (off-campus): see the page about your personal storage for instructions.
- Use Microsoft Teams (Office 365) to collaborate (chat, meetings, share files)
- Use the software for your studies (using whatever device you want) with MyWorkplace.
SolisWorkspace (FREE SOFTWARE)
You can access software that you need for your studies, such as Mathlab, SPSS, Stella or Stata anywhere. And you can work independently using devices with a Windows, Apple or Android operating system. From now on you will be able to study anywhere with your own laptop. Visit the SolisWorkspace for more information.
You can use most software for free via SolisWorkspace. Utrecht University also offers free software such as Office 365 which you may install locally on your own laptop or computer.
You can also buy software and hardware with a discount via Surfspot (click on "English" at the upper right corner on the website). Log on using your Solis-id and password.