Would you like to show our (future) students what life as a student in Utrecht looks like, by making (short) videos and Instagram Stories for our social media channels? Then this vacancy might be for you! :)
Whom are we looking for?
Social media has no secrets for you. You understand why a certain event would be perfect for an Instagram Story, while another occasion is more suitable for a YouTube clip or a Facebook post. You are adventurous and want to show your fellow students & class mates what is going on in and around the university. In addition, you are creative and you are not afraid to experiment. Your goal is to provide our online followers with a fun and spontaneous presentation of what is happening within UU, (your) student life & the city of Utrecht. Obviously, you won’t do all of this alone. We will help you as well, by searching for events for you to visit. But we still want to emphasise: a proactive attitude is a must!
- You know what is going on amongst students.
- You know what appeals to a young target group online.
- You dare to take initiative & you are not afraid to speak up.
- You know how to edit videos & you are familiar with video editing software.
- You are flexible in working hours and duties. I.E.: we can count on you.
- You are fluent in English with an eye for detail – you always spot a typo!
- You are a Dutch or international UU student.
- You know how to deal with video content.
As an online content creator you will be part of the marketing team of the UU Communication & Marketing department. You’ll attend a lot of exciting events around the city, but our office is your 'home base'.
We promise you:
- A fun team to work with & friendly colleagues!
- A lot of freedom for your creative ideas.
- Opportunities to create cool content.
- An asset to your resume.
You’ll get a contract through the payroll company Topselect. We will offer you a 0-hour contract and envisage 8-16 hours a week (dependent on workload). Your hourly wage is around 10 euros & we would like to work with you for at least one year.
How do you apply?
Feel like this is your dream job? Let us know by sending us (Rob & Laura) a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, before Saturday the 1st of June 2019! Send us:
- A small motivation.
- Your resume.
- A link to your some of your own content (a video, blog, clip, etc.!), that shows why you would be a perfect candidate.
- Your work on the following two challenges (through a file sender like WeTransfer):
Imagine you are already our Online Content Creator. Around Utrecht, there are many activities you can take part and enjoy as a UU student. Show to the UU Instagram followers some parts of the social life of a student.
Present Utrecht student life in 3 posts:
- A portrait of a student
- A picture of the social life of a student
- Surprise us! (You are free to create content related to anything on Utrecht University: study time, conferences, tutorials, professors, fun time, cultural events, etc.
Every year we want to present our Master programmes to students around the world. To let them know that Master’s Open-Day is comming we spread the news through our Instagram account.
Create a storyline using your own content (5-7 stories) to promote this year Master’s Open Day. At least one of the stories should be a short video.