In the research project, you will use the knowledge you acquired in the programme to investigate new issues.
The project must satisfy the following criteria:
- The research addresses a problem in Science Education or Communication;
- Expertise in science, mathematics or computer science plays a necessary role in doing the project;
- The project aims to answer a question by means of empirical educational research; a project mainly aiming at developing educational material or a literature review is not acceptable.
Most projects will be conducted within the context of ongoing research at the Freudenthal Institute, or in collaboration with partners. Each student who will start on a project from the list will be assigned to a research staff member (PhD) who will act as supervisor.
A required part of the Research Project are the accompanying student seminars, which will be held biweekly on Tuesdays 9:00 – 11:00 AM.
- FI-MSECR30 Research Project (30 EC)
Available research projects
Find available projects here:
- Multidisciplinary projects
- Biology education
- Chemistry education
- Mathematics education
- Physics education
Several forms have to be filled in regarding the Research Project, such as application forms and assessment forms.