Because you will follow courses at the Faculty of Science and the Graduate School of Teaching you will need to take two academic calendars into account:
- For all GST courses, see our academic calendar 2023-2024 (pdf) for an overview of the teaching periods, semesters and course registration periods of this academic year.
- For the FI-MSEC courses and the subject-related science courses, check the Faculty of Science academic calendar 2023-2024 (pdf);
- For course registration you will need to follow the academic calendar of the GST.
Startweek Stage/Baan and Startdag Eerstegraads Module
The courses of the Educational Module Professional in Praktijk 1a/b, Pedagogiek 1 and Vakdidactiek 1 begin with a full-time Startweek Stage/Baan (Internship/Job) at the University. Participation is obligatory.
- For students starting with a.o. Professional in Praktijk 1 in August 2023, the Startweek Stage/Baan takes place from Monday, 14 August to Thursday, 17 August 2023.
- Students starting with a.o. Professional in Praktijk 1 in February 2024 are expected to be at the Startweek from Monday, 29 January to Thursday 1 February 2024.
Similarly, the courses Professional in Praktijk 2, Pedagogiek 2 and Vakdidactiek 2 begin with a Startdag Eerstegraads Module.
- For students starting with a.o. Professional in Praktijk 2 in August 2023, the Startdag takes place om Tuesday, 15 August 2023.
- Students starting with a.o. Professional in Praktijk 2 in February 2024 are expected to be at the Startdag on Tuesday, 30 January 2024.
The Dutch government offers an overview of the 2023-2024 school holidays (in Dutch).
Time slots divide the week into different parts to prevent a clash in course times. It is usually not possible to choose courses that are scheduled in the same time slot.