- If you speak Dutch, you can also choose to participate in the Dutch workshops -
For all students who still want to redeem their SkillsLab voucher.
If you started your bachelor studies in 2018, you'll be among the last batch of students to receive a voucher for a free course. We have emailed regularly to remind everyone to use the voucher in time. Meanwhile, the academic year 2019-2020 is almost over and the two years of validity have almost expired. Few courses are starting yet so unfortunately there are hardly any possibilities to redeem your voucher. Moreover, not all courses could be converted into a digital version after corona measures.
Go to the Find a workshop webpage: here you can find different training courses (which refer to the website of the training provider). If there are no courses for you now, don't worry, next year there will also be a wide range of free or affordable skills training courses without a voucher. Some of these study skills workshops and courses cost only € 15,= and the peer-to-peer coaching of the Skills Lab is and remains free of charge.
We wish you every success with your studies, especially in these difficult times.
How does it work?
If you started your first Bachelor’s Degree programme at Utrecht University in September 2018, you are entitled to a voucher that you can redeem for free participation in a course or workshop, or for individual coaching.
Terms and conditions for using the voucher
- Your voucher is personal and non-transferable.
- To use the voucher, you must be registered as a student at Utrecht University.
- You can only use your voucher once.
- Your voucher entitles you to a free course, workshop or individual coaching listed in this overview [link].
- The voucher is valid for two years. The course, workshop or individual coaching you select must conclude within that period.
- To use the voucher, visit a Skills Lab service desk to register for a course.
- Registration requires a valid Utrecht University student ID as well as official and valid photo ID.
- If your course is cancelled, the redemption of your voucher will be cancelled as well, allowing you to use it for a different course.
- Cancellation by a student is not possible. Registration = participation = voucher used.
- Although Skills Lab is organising the voucher programme, the quality of the services received in exchange for your voucher remains the responsibility of the providers.
- By using the voucher, you are agreeing that Skills Lab may inform providers that you are a student at Utrecht University.
- Skills Lab records personal data for the purpose of providing interested students the opportunity to take part in a single course, workshop or individual coaching free of charge. Such data will be stored for a period no longer than two years. Students’ personal data and their choices about what courses to take will not be linked. Anonymised statistics may be used to analyse aspects of the voucher programme at a policy level. These anonymised statistics include course selection, gender identity, faculty, and voucher redemption date.
What courses can you take with your voucher?
Selected courses and workshop concern writing, studying, improving your Dutch or English language skills, presentation and graphic design (for papers, slides, posters and such). The courses are offered by professional teachers of Babel, Parnassos, O&T and Talent4NL.
We advise you to carefully look at the list before you come to our desk.
- For workshops in DUTCH go to the Dutch voucher page -
In the table below you can find all the courses avalaible (for which you can redeem your voucher). Look on the webpage Find a training, if you want more information about these courses.
- Online course: 'Brush up your English – vocabulary and common collocations'
- Online course: 'Brush up your English – verb tenses'
- Online course: 'Brush up your English – word order'
- Personal feedback on style and use of language
Please pay attention! For the time being, due to the recent developments concerning the coronavirus, the Skills Lab will not make appointments to redeem your voucher (this runs until at least June 1, 2020). Please contact us if you have any questions about this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you find a course that might be of interest to you and want to redeem your voucher? Please make an appointment by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
The appointment will take 10 minutes, so make sure you will be in time.
If you really can't make it to your appointment, you can email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us (030-2536300). If you don't do this, we will consider your voucher to have been used. If you inform the Skillslab in time (one hour after the agreed time at the latest), you will get one more opportunity to make an appointment and use your voucher.
You received a confirmation of the date, time and location of your appointment. At the appointed time, you come to the service desk and register for a course.
Don't forget to bring:
- a valid photo ID. You will not be registered if you fail to identify yourself.
- an idea of the course you would like to take (see step 2)
What will happen next?
We will check whether or not you are entitled to use the voucher (is it not yet used and is it still valid). You tell us which course you want to take and fill out the application form of Babel, Parnassos or Coluu. We will add a special 'voucher code' to that. If you have sent the form, we register that your voucher has become invalid.
By using the voucher, you are agreeing that Skills Lab may inform providers that you are a student at Utrecht University. Skills Lab records personal data for the purpose of providing interested students the opportunity to take part in a single course, workshop or individual coaching free of charge. Such data will be stored for a period no longer than two years. Students’ personal data and their choices about what courses to take will not be linked. Anonymised statistics may be used to analyse aspects of the voucher programme at a policy level. These anonymised statistics include course selection, gender identity, faculty, and voucher redemption date.