Universities in the Netherlands do not own student housing. Utrecht University reserves a limited number of rooms for Exchange students and new international non-Dutch students who enrol in the first year of an English taught degree programme. This programme is limited and does not guarantee housing. We strongly recommend prospective students to also explore other housing options as well.
- International Erasmus and Exchange students who plan to enrol per September 2019 for one or two full semesters and do not yet live in the Netherlands
- New international degree seeking students (Bachelor's or Master's) who enrol in the first year of an English taught degree programme per September 2019 and do not yet live in the Netherlands
There is no age restriction
Important to know
- It is possible to reserve accommodation prior to your formal admission
- The accommodation is available for fixed rental periods and for the first year of studies only, even if you plan to study in the Netherlands for multiple years
- Because the accommodation is not owned by Utrecht University, contracts are between the tenant and the housing corporation
- The accommodation is rented out on a first come, first served basis
- Do not underestimate the run for housing once booking opens! In previous years the accommodation has booked up within hours
When to apply
Booking for Master's and Bachelor's degree students opened 21 May 2019 9.00 CEST and for Erasmus / Exchange students on 28 May 2019 9.00 CEST. Note that if the reserved accommodation is fully booked, you will have to find accommodation on your own. Follow this link for tips, tricks and important information that may help you during your search.
If you start your studies in 2020 registration and booking information is not yet available. More information will follow later this year.