Moving house checklist

Have you organised everything well enough? Go through this checklist:

  • Inform the university and the municipality about your change of address. Read more: Update personal information. The municipality will notify DUO of your new address.
  • Inform DUO if your living situation is changing and you are no longer living with your parents, or are moving back to your parents’ home. In that case you have to notify DUO yourself, for this change affects the amount of your student finance.
  • Get a home contents insurance and a liability insurance. With home contents insurance you insure your possessions that are in your room from theft, fire and other damage. Liability insurance covers the financial consequences of damage done to someone that is caused by you.
  • Possibly use the services of PostNL ('Verhuisservice') for moving house (in Dutch).
  • Register at a doctors surgery in your new area. More information available on (in Dutch).


Do you have a question or remark about this page? Please let us know.

General information