Have you organised everything well enough? Go through this checklist:
- Inform the university about your change of address. Read more on how to update your personal information.
- Inform the municipality about your change of address. The municipality will notify DUO of your new address.
- Inform DUO if your living situation is changing and you are no longer living with your parents, or are moving back to your parents’ home. In that case you have to notify DUO yourself, for this change affects the amount of your student finance.
- Apply for a residence contents insurance and a liability insurance. With a residence contents insurance you insure your possessions that are in your room from theft, fire and other damage. A liability insurance covers the financial consequences of damage done to someone that is caused by you.
- If you like you could apply for the PostNL service ('Verhuisservice'). They will forward your mail to your new address. This only applies if your old address is also in the Netherlands.
- Register at a general practitioner in your new area. More information available on huisartsenutrecht.nl (in Dutch).